We’re now living in a digital world, where literally everything is readily available at our fingertips. You can order your weekly shop on the commute home from work, catch up with your emails and have your finger on the pulse of world news, with a device that can fit neatly in your pocket.
The digital age has rocketed since the days of dial up internet. Not only has it transformed our day to day habits from counting our steps and monitoring our health, to late night spending sprees and catching up with friends all over the globe.
So here’s the million dollar question, is your website mobile friendly?
Having a website is a useful tool that helps connect your business with customers across the globe, giving you an online platform for your services for all to see. But did you know that 85% of people in the UK look for information about local businesses or services from their Smartphones? (ref ‘The Mobile Movement: Understanding Smartphone Users’) 8 million people access the internet from their mobiles every day (ref Comscore) and 11 million consumers in the UK search for local services using their phones?
Owning a mobile optimised site is your opportunity for offering ultimate convenience for your customers, where a sale can literally be made at a click of a button, anywhere in the world at any time of day.
But with the vast majority of the UK population browsing the internet on mobile devices, it’s important that your site is designed with customer’s convenience in mind, where they literally scroll and tap to the information that they need, no struggle and minimum loading time. A staggering 6 out of 10 people will click off a mobile – unfriendly site, and 40% will abandon the webpage if it takes more than 3 seconds for a page to load. (ref wsiworld.com).
So, what are the main features you’ll need for your mobile website?
- Easy access to your contact information – consider button that instantly allows potential customers to contact you in just one tap.
- Maps – literally putting your business on the map is a great way for any potential customers to find you easily.
- Optimised content, keep in mind that mobile screens are much smaller so make sure that content and images fit simply onto the screen, easy to read text, links and contact information, so there’s no zooming and scrolling from side to side. Imagine trying to shop in store where the products are difficult to see and hard to reach – would you be willing to part with your hard earned cash? It’s important that your customer’s have the best user experience on your site, as ultimately it is a reflection of your business.
- Make sure the speed and loading time for your site is kept to a minimum.
- Social media links – Social media is of course a marvellous way to spread news of your business, social media accounts are the most on a mobile device – it makes sense to add these links to your site so your customers can have another way to connect with you too!
All websites that we design and create here at Web.com go through stringent tests to ensure that your sites are mobile friendly – we help business’ maximise their potential in an ever expanding digital world. The next step for your business into the online world isn’t as hard as you might think and could open the door to new sales, new services and new customers.